Funding crisis affecting Grammar Schools In Southend

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pinkrabbit38

Re: Funding crisis affecting Grammar Schools In Southend

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

The basic AWPU is not the same......there is a £2500 discrepancy, how many different ways do you need me to say it??
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Hi G55,

Without looking at data, basic cannot be the same if the difference is as much as £2,500. Is every one there ppc with SEN and English as second language? Is there no normal child in this school?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:The basic AWPU is not the same......there is a £2500 discrepancy, how many different ways do you need me to say it??
Where is this stated other than in the letter? Bucks schools sent home the same sort of letter but when we checked the minutes of Schools Forum it was not accurate as they ignored the additional needs funding.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

A BBC news article to add to this discussion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-31871139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Guest55 wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:The basic AWPU is not the same......there is a £2500 discrepancy, how many different ways do you need me to say it??
Where is this stated other than in the letter? Bucks schools sent home the same sort of letter but when we checked the minutes of Schools Forum it was not accurate as they ignored the additional needs funding.
Head

Bang

Brick Wall
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

One more link that may help in understanding school finances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 015-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is official, not in any letter. Some time ago, I had also seen a link to an excel sheet giving funding details of all school. If I find that soon, will post the link.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:
Head

Bang

Brick Wall
Have you looked at the documents? The schools that are getting LESS money are not primarily the GS according to page 25 but Cecil Jones (down £250 000 roughly) and Futures (down £800 000).

Some GS are getting more WHSG £185 000 more ... WHSB £45 000 more .... SHSB £169 000 more
moved

Post by moved »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:
Head

Bang

Brick Wall
please be polite
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

tiffinboys wrote:One more link that may help in understanding school finances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 015-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is official, not in any letter. Some time ago, I had also seen a link to an excel sheet giving funding details of all school. If I find that soon, will post the link.
The allocation details for y/e 2014 in the first document listed on this web page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... demic-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

I do not know the rights and wrongs in this particular debate but I learned very quickly a long while ago (a) that going back to the actual source documents is key (b) they are hard to get hold of unless you work on the inside (c) a lot of people at all levels make mistakes (d) a lot of people put their own spin on things or only tell you the part they want you to hear.

education finding is tight across the board at the moment and in any method of recalculating who gets what there are winners and losers.

It would not make sense that selectives get different awpu from non-selectives but I could understand that an academy might get a different awpu from the maintained schools in the same local authority area. Is that the case? Has this just changed?

I looked at that 360 website of online petitions. I found lots about jeremy clarkson but nothing about grammar schools. I would be happier to save a grammar school than jeremy.