Travelling to Townley grammar school from Dagenham

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thefourmos

Travelling to Townley grammar school from Dagenham

Post by thefourmos »

Is anyone DD go to Townley grammar from Dagenham?

I would like to know how she commute everyday to school.

Is there a shuttle bus?
ToadMum

Re: Travelling to Townley grammar school from Dagenham

Post by ToadMum »

thefourmos wrote:Is anyone DD go to Townley grammar from Dagenham?

I would like to know how she commute everyday to school.

Is there a shuttle bus?
I would be tempted to ask whether this was a wind-up, but sadly I fear it isn't?

Was your DD in the top 180, or have you actually been offered a place at Townley from a Dagenham address? Before you applied, did you try the return journey a few times in term time at the relevant times of day?

Apologies if I am completely wrong and Bexley schools are full of children from Metropolitan Essex, but I would be very surprised.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Re: Travelling to Townley grammar school from Dagenham

Post by salsa »

Judging the distance directly, Dagenham doesn't seem to be any further than what I know other girls have been offered in the past. (Although it doesn't entail crossing the river) Townley doesn't seen to be easy to get to by train, as a bus ride is also required. The big problem your daughter has is the crossing of the river. Are you able to move to the other side of the river?
Have you contacted the school about it? An idea would be to leave your details with the school and ask them to give them to other parents in your area. Are you able to carpool?
I know of several girls traveling that way where parents take it in turn to drive them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now