Cut off /pass mark for top 25 state grammer schools

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Cut off /pass mark for top 25 state grammer schools

Post by ToadMum »

None of our 3 is actually involved, but this is what some of the pupils from their non-top-25 schools will be up to over the next few days (scroll down to the four items about Southend High School for Girls and Southend High School for Boys)...

http://m.echo-news.co.uk/sport/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I can't believe you are investigating 25 schools! As others have said, choose an area (Cambridge is lovely, I understand!), mostly importantly visit the schools & see where your daughter would be happy. If there happen to be grammar schools, apply for them. Grammar schools really are just schools - same curriculum, same issues as other schools. Some children don't thrive in them, others do. There are some grammar schools that put huge pressure on children ( & so do some parents). That's not the best for some children.
scary mum
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

You won't get an exact cut off score for Pate's as to qualify you have to score in the top 180 in the Gloucestershire test to qualify and you are either told you are in the top 120, get a ranking or told you have not qualified. It is in a consortium of 7 Grammar schools so many people share scores with all the schools to maximise chances of getting a place somewhere.

I personally would not get bound up with the whole top 25 schools thing - I doubt Pate's would have been a good place for my 2. They are bright kids but not uber competetive with it -they are happy and well suited to their non top 25 Grammar schools.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ToadMum wrote:None of our 3 is actually involved, but this is what some of the pupils from their non-top-25 schools will be up to over the next few days (scroll down to the four items about Southend High School for Girls and Southend High School for Boys)...

http://m.echo-news.co.uk/sport/
In case anyone's interested, both teams came 8th in this world schools athletics championship. Both school communities are very proud of their teams' efforts and achievements :D .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx