Survival Tips Until Results Day

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brainfreeze

Survival Tips Until Results Day

Post by Brainfreeze »

The schools my DS has sat for post out their results on Oct 16th and 19th.

How I am going to pass the time until then remains to be seen.

How is everyone else managing? And no, I can't try to keep my mind off it.

I survived day one (today) by going for a coffee in the morning and watching Lady Chatterley on iplayer in the afternoon.

Any coping strategies to share?
neveragainmum

Re: Survival Tips Until Results Day

Post by neveragainmum »

My ds tests are not concluded as yet, one down two more to go. Im coping by coming on here too frequently for my own good :lol:
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Like others we have more tests and it is about 10 days after the last September test that the first result comes in. I have the joy of full time work and looking at long to do lists to pass time. Occasionally whilst busy with awkward things at work or broken things at home I allow myself a little dream of possibly working one less day a week or being able to afford to replace the battered drawer units in our bedroom - the bliss of grammar over struggling to find school fees. I don't share this with DD of course as if it doesn't work out I would hate her to think she'd let anyone down. We just see the journey as keeping as many doors open for as long as possible, within reason.

If I had my work hat on I would do an 'after action review' of the whole experience, write up learning points, write a knowledge article about it and share with colleagues but I won't, I will just lurk here and hope to help others going through the process over the coming year.
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

Stressful isn't it - also the fact that we don't have many days after the results come in to sort out the final order on the CAF. I have several different strategies depending on scores from two different 11+ regions!
OMGMum

Post by OMGMum »

I'm spending my time planning what extra curricular activities to get my kids involved in, and those that I can get involved in to get my life back!! Because of my 10 yr olds exams, the 7 yr old suffered! So back to the drawing board on sports, music, languages etc etc etc. Also trying to get my life back on track sorting out paperwork, doctors appts, kumon for 7 yo - blimey it all piles up! Shocking how 11+ takes over your life!!!! Before I know it, results will be posted through the door - crikey! :shock:
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

i passed the time eating a copious amount of chocolate. dont recommend it!
BlueSmarties

Post by BlueSmarties »

Lots of nice treats, seeing friends for coffee. Trying to shut my brain off (unsuccessfully) when I veered towards 11+ results. We planned a short break for the October half term, something positive to look forward to regardless of results, so that the whole family could relax once the CAF was in.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Hiya, I'm struggling too! Despite having a full time job! One thing I would recommend is spend some time getting your ducks in a row vis a vis the caf form! I just tried to log in to pan london admissions, just for something to do/ stress relief (!)and found a) they'd deregistered us and b) there were some extra local requirements (a personalised caf from the borough, apparently, which I haven't received). So I'm really glad I did it today, and have a few weeks to sort it out!
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

The results letter is at home in the post box and I am at work until 6:45pm. Gahhh!
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

hornetgirl wrote:The results letter is at home in the post box and I am at work until 6:45pm. Gahhh!
I worked from home today, couldn't cope with being in the office!