Trust our Fate or take Action?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: Trust our Fate or take Action?

Post by Tinkers »

I think the issue is the risk of still not getting a place in the second allocation of places.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think the problem is that most of the OPs chosen schools have a catchment criteria that they don't meet, meaning they wouldn't get an offer and the others rarely have second round offers. I believe OP was advised to make a decision before the time of applying, to avoid finding themselves in this situation, but chose to ignore the advice, and was also advised to put at least one local school where they were guaranteed a place, but decided against this too. Sadly they appear to have ended up between a rock and a hard place and are relying on other people choosing not to attend certain grammar schools to be in with a shot. Possibly, OP could consider private schools (if they are not too late to register for the exams) and hope their child gets offered a scholarship/bursary?

Crossed with Tinker
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I see that your dd passed the Sutton test - both Wallington and Nonsuch have spaces based on scores rather than catchment. Did you name these schools on you CAF? You could talk to the schools next week and check how to apply for a space on 1st March.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MissionGrammar wrote:Thanks for your reply

She passed all exams except HBS
passed Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Chelmsford, Sutton, Kendrick
we applied for Dr Challoner, Beaconsfield, Chesham, Langley
but I doubt we will get these on 1st march
but if we move in march we have chances in second/third round?

Thanks
Don't you get six preferences in the London boroughs? What did you put for the other two?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The OP is not responding.

If it were me then I'll decide which school is the right one for my child and focus on a local back-up to that.

What were the complete CAF choices in order? Presumably the top choice is the one to focus on?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now