Sutton Mocks are open for booking

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hera

Sutton Mocks are open for booking

Post by Hera »

It seems early this year but the Sutton Mocks website is taking bookings.
bridge

Re: Sutton Mocks are open for booking

Post by bridge »

I have tried booking a place but after confirming payment I got an error page. I still got a confirmation message but it didn't contain any details - time of session or candidate number. I tried it several times with the same result.
Is anyone else having issues booking a session?
Hera

Post by Hera »

I booked and it worked fine. If you are signed in you can check the details online in your accounts page.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The last slot has already sold out all 160 places and hundreds of other slots have already gone.

All these slots will all be gone in the next few weeks. some more will sell out today.

I cannot recommend this highly enough.

This is a great chance for Y5 to find out how they stack up against their cohort in time to do something about any weaknesses that emerge.

The organisers do a really terrific job and make improvements every single year.

Sutton Grammar School for boys are very lucky to have such a professional outfit on their PTA.

The English paper is more like CEM than English so very helpful to check your CEM levels in English VR. DG
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Wow, this seems early! A friend is online right now and apparently one slot has sold out and the rest are going fast!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you live in Bucks then remember these 'mocks' aren't replicating sitting the Bucks test in your own school.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks Guest55, we aren't doing these mocks :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

As I posted at 1250pm the last session was already sold out two hours before you posted.

The slots came out in early January last year so it is not early. The rapid take up shows that many people have been waiting for them and they did say that the slots would come out on the 5th and so they did. For those sitting Latymer on July 15th they will only have a couple of weeks before the real thing from the results of Test B so I would recommend those applicant to go for the earlier slots. DG
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Thanks for the heads up, Hera. Just booked DS in for an early and a late. DD sat these mocks two years ago and whilst they may not have been a perfect match for the content of the exams she was sitting, it did give us an overall flavour for how she was doing. This time round, we've gone for the added bonus of the English writing task - it's not marked but, again, I think it will give DS a sense of what doing a full exam (for DAO) will feel like and will help us understand how well he responds to exam situations.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Wallington in Croydon is doing something very similar and still has plenty of availability.

Even if the format is different, etc. I think it helps 10 year olds just to have the experience of sitting in a big, strange, quiet room with lots of other children. Better to think about the logistics of one's pencil rolling down the desk, handling one's water bottle, when to use the loo, etc. before a real exam.