Mad threads about lunatic commutes to the grammars....

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Mad threads about lunatic commutes to the grammars....

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:There is a grammar school in Ilford. But, of course, not as hot as QE. There in the problem lies for dads & mums. 'Our boy got in QE'. H e l l of travel is secondary matter.
Unfortunately, looking at the Common Catchment Area map for the Redbridge grammar schools, the western boundary doesn't extend as far as Romford. CRGS has almost as much cachet as QE I suppose, but other than that, it would mean having to put up with the ignominy of KEGS or WHSB (or <shudder> SHSB), all of which do not have full open selection :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

streathammum wrote:You're really not a fan of comprehensive education, are you? I am.
No, I'm not. I have to admit I don't have first hand experience with secondary school, but I guess I can get a good picture by extrapolating the experience I have with primary schools, where even "ofsted outstanding" school is pretty dismal as far as catering for bright kids is concerned.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You should know the adage about: never assume: doing that you make.....

And the plural of anecdote is not data. You make assertations wildly and, at your own admission, have no direct experience. Don't. There are very good state secondary schools, in the same way there are dire private schools - and a range in between.