TOGS and Wallington Girls - Has anyone seen both schools?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Exams2018

TOGS and Wallington Girls - Has anyone seen both schools?

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi all,
I missed the openday for Wallington Girls but managed to see TOGS and Newstead wood. Please can anyone here share views on Wallington Girls? How does it compare to TOGS /Newstead in infrastructure, extracurriculars, academic and pastoral care ?
(We live in Bromley but will move for the right school)
PettswoodFiona

Re: TOGS and Wallington Girls - Has anyone seen both schools

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I think you will struggle to find someone who can compare due to the distance of the schools. I am sure there are parents who can give feedback on individual schools. Anything you want to know about NW I am happy to answer, DD is in Y8 and very happy. Feel free to ask questions. I presume that you are looking at entry for Sept 2019 so ou have plenty of time. If it is any help lots of girls travel from St John’s / Lewisham and Beckenham/ Bromley to Newstead- as well as more local girls like DD.

Moving for a school puts a lot of pressure on a child. At a time of change it is nice to have some constants like friendship groups, neighbourhood children, Guide pack, music teacher, etc and moving makes that more of a challenge. DD has a good friend who just started at ToGS and is loving it but it involves a 7am start for travel so does make a long day.