Seven weeks to go until national offers day...

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Seven weeks to go until national offers day...

Post by Guest55 »

In Rehab there is this thread from 2007 :shock:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =43&t=1811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This allocation wobbles are still the same.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

I was looking at some very old Kent discussions.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... f=19&t=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You used to have to apply for schools before knowing the result, possibly before taking the test? But the worries are basically the same.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Octsmum wrote:Were you meaning the new secondary school? Our local grammar schools have said that they get the allocations at virtually the same time as we do. (By the way, we're in Gloucestershire).
No, I think I read (on here) that the primary schools get them a week in advance, perhaps as an extra failsafe check that every child has a place, or to be prepared if pastoral support is needed. Can't remember which thread though, sorry!
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Guest55 wrote:In Rehab there is this thread from 2007 :shock:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =43&t=1811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This allocation wobbles are still the same.
Heh, I like that thread, thanks! I was heavily pregnant with the son whose secondary school allocation I'm now waiting for, and the children involved are now about 22....
LolaD

Post by LolaD »

Sorrel wrote:
bellabelly wrote:Still feeling jittery and still counting down the days to 1 March - even though I know it's not at all helpful...

Sorrel, you are right - always worth putting down your true first choice, just in case! We are (just) ooc for Judd but I seem to remember that they created a bulge class this year? So you never know.

Does anyone know if primary schools get told in advance about secondary offers (like they do with 11+ results)? I want to keep the whole thing very low key with my boys (esp if we're going to have to appeal for one of them) but am wondering if school might mention something to them.
I think I read on here that the schools are told a week in advance, but with strict instructions to keep it buttoned. So hopefully they will be discreet - most schools seem to be with the 11+ results.
Doubt very much my DDs school got the 11plus results before we did. The allocations may be different though!
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

So... just one short month to go! :lol: :roll: :shock:

Thanks for posting the rehab thread - just going to have a read through and take my mind off things whenever I'm feeling jittery. I can't imagine how nerve wracking it must have been to find out results AND school places at the same time. Have I understood that right - it's how it used to be?

May February fly by for us all... or at least not drag on for months like January seems to have done!
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Hahaha - I've just seen that there are over 1000 pages on that thread! Fantastic, that is going to keep me out of mischief until 1 March. :lol:
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Under 2 weeks now. My nails may be looking slightly bitten...
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

bellabelly wrote:Under 2 weeks now. My nails may be looking slightly bitten...
Mine too! :lol:
Have you been over to the CAF café in rehab? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 42#p655742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

No - hadn't spotted that - found my new hangout for the next week or so - thank you! Gah, am so nervous now...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now