Where to live for both parents commuting to London?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sandy09

Re: Where to live for both parents commuting to London?

Post by sandy09 »

Thanks piggys

Interestingly I spoke to a colleague today who lives in Totteridge which is nearby Whetstone. It seems a very nice area. His kids go to faith schools though.

Just found this facility on Rightmove which lets you put in places you need to commute to, the duration desired, and important questions of "Do you want to drive to the station?".
https://where.rightmove.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I added our workplaces, our budget and type of property, and the map came up with many shaded areas around London. I found it pretty accurate with respect to travel time, for example our current place is in one of the areas highlighted and the travel times to our workplaces are very realistic. I can also add addresses of schools to travel to. Very useful.
piggys wrote:Whetstone (where I live) is the answer to your prayers; loads of good primaries, secondaries ,and easy to travel to HBS (where my dd goes), QEB, DAO and MHCHS (where my other dd goes). I can walk to High Barnet or Tott/Whet tube. You can probably just about get a 3 bed semi for £800k but you'd better hurry!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now