Catchment quiries

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: Catchment quiries

Post by stroudydad »

ToadMum wrote:
stroudydad wrote:I'm guessing that The OP actually means they are only interested in grammar schools,that is certainly how it reads to me. Interestingly, I'm also assuming OP is not speaking English as a 1st language, so perhaps there may be a language barrier/misinterpretation...
Perhaps more interestingly there have been numerous posts over the years where those with ENFL are happy to move wherever to get a grammar place so is this perhaps a cultural thing?
Just looking for reasons behind the apparently 'closed view'
But if you will only consider a grammar school as 'good', Stevenage seems an odd place to choose to live? Hence my assumption that there must once have been other, more compelling, reasons than education to be there in the first place.

Interesting history of the former grammar schools (amongst other educational establishments) here, though:
http://www.ourstevenage.org.uk/content/ ... -education
I'm sure I'm not alone in admitting that when I moved into my first house I never considered how good or bad the local secondary schools were, or even if there was a grammar nearby... though I did make sure there was a primary very local (but not how it was rated). I've never moved since but obviously knowing what I know 20odd years later I would.