How are you all feeling mums and dads???

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Thwaitsey

How are you all feeling mums and dads???

Post by Thwaitsey »

I was just wondering how your all feeling and how your little ones are doing??? I have to say my son seems calm (better than me) I’m frightened that I have got him all the wrong books, that the tutor was all wrong for him(she isn’t at all she’s amazing) I’m a worrier at the best of times. He has worked so hard and is putting in a lot of effort and I am so incredibly proud as I imagine you are all to of your little ones. I feel like I should be taking the test for him(I wouldn’t stand a chance) :lol: anyway it was a slight vent there but I’m wondering if anyone wants to join in and vent with me away from their bubba’s :lol:
GSHopeful

Re: How are you all feeling mums and dads???

Post by GSHopeful »

I am panicking that he shouldn’t even be sitting the test. So much pressure. I dread the result day if he doesn’t get the mark he wants. He will cry and think he’s failed. Trying to tell myself it’s all experience, it’s a life lesson and if you don’t try, you’ll never get anywhere. Best of luck to your son xx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Please relax - it's not the end of the world if your child does not get a GS place. Please take the pressure off :)
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

You've done the hard work now. Relax...and let your child relax also. If they haven't learned it by now, they never will. But I'm guessing most people who are here, are here because they know their child is suited to grammar school, it's just getting past that damned gatekeeper of an exam. It will soon be a memory.
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

I think I'm more anxious than my DS. Summer seems to have revolved around revision weeks and mock exams with a little bit of daily work. He has one exam in 2 weeks time and another in 4 weeks time. He is confident and laid back. I have reiterated that we are proud of his efforts so far and his attitude to studying and that regardless of outcome me and his dad are proud of him. I'll be glad when its all over though and we can enjoy the rest of this academic year before I start it all again with DD!
mum-of-two
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

My DD sits an entrance exam for the catholic grammar she’s set her heart on next Monday, then the 11 plus on the 17th. Like others I can’t wait for it to be over now. Good luck to them all.