How does the school mark the papers?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
inzell

Re: How does the school mark the papers?

Post by inzell »

Thanks DG, much appreciate your comments! Hopefully my DD can follow your DD's successful paths!

I'll let you know the result. :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Not always successful but turned out all right in the end!

What you are feeling is apprehension about something that is going to impact your child that you are not able to control.

In every exam is the reality of possible failure which is why some parents choose not to apply for the eleven plus.

But this is the reality of our education system and both my dds felt that doing the 11 plus was good preparation for the GCSE and A level exams that lay ahead. DG
Yes

Post by Yes »

Are you serious? 10 year old children are thinking about GSCE and A-leves? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

To much agitation....
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You have not read the thread.

They are not ten. DG
Yes

Post by Yes »

But you are advising to parents on 10 year old. There is a life outside tests and scores, especoalky when you are 10. :lol:
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Yes wrote:But you are advising to parents on 10 year old. There is a life outside tests and scores, especoalky when you are 10. :lol:
If none of us offered advice for parents of 10 year olds, it would be a very quiet forum.
inzell

Post by inzell »

I do appreciate all the comments on this thread.

I think every child is different. Mine has a very strong mindset, she has a goal - to study Medicine at Oxford. She has a lot of hobbies - violin, piano, drawing, craft, reading (a variety of genres), writing (her little story will be published in the Young Writers' publication, though i know it's a bit of money making thing :lol: ), and kungfu. We never give her pressure and all these hobbies are developed by herself, as parents we just do our best to support her.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Then please do encourage her to look at alternatives to Oxford for Medicine....there are many that are superior for many reasons!
inzell

Post by inzell »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Then please do encourage her to look at alternatives to Oxford for Medicine....there are many that are superior for many reasons!
Yes we do. We have a list:

1. Oxford
Medicine BM BCh
A-levels: A*AA

2. Glasgow
MEDICINE MBChB
A Levels: AAA

3. Dundee
Medicine MBChB
A-Levels: AAA

4. Edinburgh
MBChB Medicine
A Levels: AAA

:wink: :wink:
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

inzell wrote:Hello all, my DD just took the exam on 29/Sep. We are in catchment. She normally scores above 90% on all three subjects (Maths, English, VR) while doing GL and Bond.

She did feel she's performed similarly as what she normally performs.

Results will be informed by 17th Oct. The wait is dragging and I can't stop thinking a lot of what ifs, such as:

What if the papers were marked with mistakes? How do they mark? Using a machine?
Can I request to see the papers and answers?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Did she pass the Eleven+?