Proof of Address Required

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

binzie1710

Proof of Address Required

Post by binzie1710 »

Hi - Please could you let me know closer to time when school offers are made what proof of address will be required for the child concerned?

The e admissions form did ask for the Council Tax Number, which I understand may be for the parents. However will schools need any more proof for the child concerned.

I'm asking as none of our utility bills have DD's name on it.

Thanks.
scary mum

Re: Proof of Address Required

Post by scary mum »

In Buckinghamshire they ask for council tax bill or a scan of a utility bill, so no proof that the actual child lives there. Do you have proof of child benefit if it is needed? Or GP evidence?
scary mum
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

In Bromley they ask for the Child Benefit letter, even if you don't get CB. This has the child's name and address on. This results in hundreds of parents calling the relevant Government Department for the sole purpose of getting this letter!
Zeinabtwaij

Post by Zeinabtwaij »

Hi - I currently live in wales and have a daughter in year 4. We are looking to move for the future and so looking at grammar schools in london. Any ideas how that would work with applying if we don’t actually have an address in the area as yet!
Any suggestions/advice appreciated!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

When you apply for a school your current address is used. Then when you move you can inform them of the change.
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Zeinabtwaij wrote:Hi - I currently live in wales and have a daughter in year 4. We are looking to move for the future and so looking at grammar schools in london. Any ideas how that would work with applying if we don’t actually have an address in the area as yet!
Any suggestions/advice appreciated!

Don't move...stay in Wales and embrace their schools, and brilliant NHS provision? London is a nightmare for schools - whilst there are grammar schools, there are also quite poor schools - any good school has a very small catchment area (metres in some cases), and competiton for grammar school places is heartbreaking.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now