Summer holidays - holiday?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Octsmum

Re: Summer holidays - holiday?

Post by Octsmum »

Yes we took a 2 week holiday at the end of July / start of August. We were 'ready' before we went. We took 10minute tests with us but didn't do any, though she did read. We kept things ticking over when we came back & didn't do a whole lot the week before the test.

IMO Rest & relaxation is important for our mental health & makes us better able to cope with stress & pressure...all work & no play doesn't do anyone any good.
RedDevil66

Re: Summer holidays - holiday?

Post by RedDevil66 »

ciaowood wrote:Hi all

I'm thinking ahead for my youngest to take her 11 plus next September and am wondering what people do about summer holidays and whether you consciously decide not to have one to have the 6 weeks to focus on the 11 plus or whether you think it's a good idea to take a break for a couple of weeks and if so do you consciously choose the beginning, middle or the end of the holidays!!

When I say have the 6 weeks to focus, I don't mean 24/7 lol!

Maybe I'm just over thinking it and it doesn't really make a difference either way, I'm just interested if anyone else thinks about this!

Thanks.
This has been asked before and all I can add is, to take a holiday. What would likely motivate your child more? A nice family break or cancel it to 'study' through the holidays?