Eltham, Greenwich which school for Yr9 ?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sbat

Eltham, Greenwich which school for Yr9 ?

Post by sbat »

Hi all,
We are taking our child out of Greenwich free school.
We had a very bad experience with that school.Its like prison, very strict policies and they give detention for every little things. I think teachers are first taught how to give kids detention. My child suffocated in that school and finally at the end of year 8 we made this decision to take her out of school.
The question we have is which other school in the area around greenwich eltham or borders are good schools. Both academic and teachers being nice and school not that strict. My daughter is academically very bright.
It's sad and not easy for her and us to take this decision at this stage.
I would like to know from parents with first hand experience not opinion please.
Thanks
Tb
ToadMum

Re: Eltham, Greenwich which school for Yr9 ?

Post by ToadMum »

sbat wrote:Hi all,
We are taking our child out of Greenwich free school.
We had a very bad experience with that school.Its like prison, very strict policies and they give detention for every little things. I think teachers are first taught how to give kids detention. My child suffocated in that school and finally at the end of year 8 we made this decision to take her out of school.
The question we have is which other school in the area around greenwich eltham or borders are good schools. Both academic and teachers being nice and school not that strict. My daughter is academically very bright.
It's sad and not easy for her and us to take this decision at this stage.
I would like to know from parents with first hand experience not opinion please.
Thanks
Tb
This is not local experience, I'm afraid, but nor is it mere opinion - yes, it's a good idea to have information about which school(s) might be the most suitable for your DD, but if you actually want her to be in school in September, you also need to find out where there are currently spaces and try to get to visit those schools quick, if they are still open in the coming week. Certainly add any 'nicer but full' schools to your application list as well - it will get your DD on the waiting list and something might come up in the first week in September (or sooner), also you can whack in an apppeal immediately for any or all that turn you down.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sbat

Re: Eltham, Greenwich which school for Yr9 ?

Post by sbat »

Thanks TodMum,i completely agree with you and that's what we are looking at. Hope we will find something nice soonish or we won't mind at all to homeschool our daughter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now