Eleven Plus prep

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
arosenberg

Eleven Plus prep

Post by arosenberg »

Hi,

I would like my daughter to eventually attend one of the grammar schools in Colchester or Chelmsford. For quite a while now i have been supplementing her learning at home with reading above her age, maths, non-verbal reasoning and matters of knowledge. What is the advice on the right time to ramp up activity on learning and ideally the best time to hire a tutor?

Thanks

Alan
Sorrel

Re: Eleven Plus prep

Post by Sorrel »

We were advised that if you're going for a very competitive superselective, start with the tutoring and practice books at least half way through year 4, and that's what we and others we know did. For a system where you just need a pass, year 5 would be fine I expect.
KaB£H1s3

Re: Eleven Plus prep

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

arosenberg wrote:Hi,

I would like my daughter to eventually attend one of the grammar schools in Colchester or Chelmsford. For quite a while now i have been supplementing her learning at home with reading above her age, maths, non-verbal reasoning and matters of knowledge. What is the advice on the right time to ramp up activity on learning and ideally the best time to hire a tutor?

Thanks

Alan
Year 4 or 5 for the tutor, which means you might need to get on waiting lists in year 3.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now