Which is more competitive - TOGS/ Nonsuch / Colchester

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vasumadhu

Which is more competitive - TOGS/ Nonsuch / Colchester

Post by vasumadhu »

Hi all,

My DD scored descent score to enter into Nonsuch / TOGS / Colchester.... Wondering which will be highly competitive and academically good !!!
doodles

Re: Which is more competitive - TOGS/ Nonsuch / Colchester

Post by doodles »

These schools are miles apart. Do you live near any of them? If not think of the logistics of uprooting your entire family and what that will entail ( sibling school places, your commute etc). If you are fine with all this then decide where you as a family want to live and go for that school.

Sometimes a GS place isn't the be all and end all and there are just as good schools in your current locale.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vasumadhu wrote:Hi all,

My DD scored descent score to enter into Nonsuch / TOGS / Colchester.... Wondering which will be highly competitive and academically good !!!
Ignoring one of the obvious questions (I'm assuming that all of them will involve moving house?), I am going to start with another, When you visited Cheam / Tonbridge / Colchester, had a good look around the school and the general area etc, which did you and your DD prefer?.

I have no idea how 'competitive' the schools are (girl vs girl? House vs House? School vs school? Oops, that last one tends to be sports, not academic subjects :oops: ), but they are all schools which churn out good GCSE and A level results commensurate with an intake selected on high academic ability.

I suspect that very few schools, academically selective or not, would actually fall over themselves to be described as 'highly competitive' these days; rather too much awareness of potential mental health issues?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Have you even visited the schools? Are you planning on contributing to school and community life in these towns or just park your bum in London and let your daughter commute a ridiculous distance and not actually be part of the communities these schools sit in?

Just wondering
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

A “descent” score.....!!

Going down.......! :lol:
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

vasumadhu wrote:Hi all,

Hi vasumadhu,

can you share your dd score in CSSE ?