CORONAVIRUS AND 11-PLUS

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bittenfingernails

CORONAVIRUS AND 11-PLUS

Post by bittenfingernails »

So, what do we think? Will the 11-plus be postponed this year? And are any of you worried about your Year 5 children missing out on valuable bits of schooling? We're doing our best, but it's only Day 2 and I'm no teacher...

*necks vat of gin*
Nella

Re: CORONAVIRUS AND 11-PLUS

Post by Nella »

Hi, no one knows the answer to your 1st question! I know the Birmingham consortium are instructing parents to register their children as usual and a decision regarding the date of the test etc will be made in line with Government information as they receive it.

My child is in yr6, and no I’m not particularly worried about them missing schooling; every child is affected. We’ve just got to make the best of it!

Mine’s a wine :lol:

On a slightly related topic. My child wanted to do some maths today so we decided to get out the Bond 11+ maths paper that was abandoned last year as it was far too tricky and caused a complete meltdown the week or so before the 11+ last year.

It was still too tricky so was abandoned again. :D
Now my child’s 11+ score was comfortably over the Birmingham priority score and they said after the test that the actual paper was far easier than the Bond papers.
I guess what I’m trying to convey is: don’t worry too much about the level of maths required- I’m convinced the unofficial practice material is designed to panic parents into thinking they need a tutor/ loads of preparation!
yoyo123

Re: CORONAVIRUS AND 11-PLUS

Post by yoyo123 »

https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now