Daily Routine

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
babs

Daily Routine

Post by babs »

Hi,

just wondering what type of routine others are following whilst kids are homeschooling? Are you revising for the 11+ everyday? I am aiming for 30 mins revision 3 times a week, but I feel that is not enough as my DD still lacks knowledge on certain topics but I do not want to overwhelm her either so looking for advice from others who are currently preparing for 2021.
KaB£H1s3

Re: Daily Routine

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Homeschooling is killing us. Totally killing us. We've got to work and haven't time to be teaching on top. 11+ has had to take a back burner.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

DS is completely bored with the maths school work is set, so we're aiming to do 20ish minutes of 11+ maths then instead. Say a 10 minute test and then 10 minutes going over the questions. I'm also then trying to fit in some VR and NVR, but we're probably only doing about an hour a week between those. I feel he is confident with most of the maths topics but definitely finds it harder doing the longer worded problems and doesn't always use the quickest method. So that is where we are currently trying to focus. I start a new job next week so shall see how that goes...
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Brackenboo wrote:DS is completely bored with the maths school work is set, so we're aiming to do 20ish minutes of 11+ maths then instead. Say a 10 minute test and then 10 minutes going over the questions. I'm also then trying to fit in some VR and NVR, but we're probably only doing about an hour a week between those. I feel he is confident with most of the maths topics but definitely finds it harder doing the longer worded problems and doesn't always use the quickest method. So that is where we are currently trying to focus. I start a new job next week so shall see how that goes...
We get letters from school threatening fines for 'non attendance' if the school work isn't completed. I wish we could drop some school work but we can't :(