Colchester GS downgraded

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Colchester GS downgraded

Post by PettswoodFiona »

A different grammar but I am proud of DD’s grammar that lets in boys at sixth form, a handful of pupils have had their sixth form offers removed due to atrocious behaviour during a sixth form transition week, all of them boys treating girls like dirt or with transphobic views being made painfully clear. Horrific behaviour but the right thing for the school to have blocked these pupils and making those who complained (teachers and pupils in these instances) know they were being heard and could then feel safe again.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Just wanted to add that the grammar my daughter is at also excluded some pupils from moving on to sixth form due to inappropriate behaviour. I have been so impressed with how they deal and educate on various issues. Parents need to realise that educational attainment isn't everything when considering school choices.
EssexMum2019

Post by EssexMum2019 »

Brackenboo wrote:Just wanted to add that the grammar my daughter is at also excluded some pupils from moving on to sixth form due to inappropriate behaviour. I have been so impressed with how they deal and educate on various issues. Parents need to realise that educational attainment isn't everything when considering school choices.
I agree Brackenboo, academics isn't everything..pastoral care and all roundedness is also just as important. Good to hear that your grammar have dealt with inappropriate behaviour from it's pupils. Just out of curiousity, what sort of inappropriate behaviour was this? Is this a girls or a mixed grammar?
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

It was traditionally a boys school but went mixed 4 years ago, so the current years 7-10 are mixed. The behaviour was at the end of term and to do with shirt signings of children in y11. They didn't specify what, but I think it was inappropriate comments written of a racist nature.

My DS has just gone into y8 and hasn't had any issues. I am glad that we chose a mixed school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now