Self isolating for main exam and then ill for 2nd sitting?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mayday

Self isolating for main exam and then ill for 2nd sitting?

Post by mayday »

We are in an enhanced Covid response area due to high rates - normal rules not to self isolate do not apply.

It seems extremely likely that this is going to happen to my youngest - she can’t be the only one surely?

Exam on Monday, events as follows:

Thursday 1st sibling symptoms
Friday 1st sibling positive lateral flow
Saturday 2nd sibling positive PCR and symptoms, 11+ child negative PCR

She now needs another PCR on day 2 after 2nd sibling started symptoms in order to attend so impossible to attend on Monday. However, surely in the meantime she will catch Covid and therefore be isolating again for the second exam? It seems inevitable unfortunately.

Any experiences or thoughts? Or just condolences?!
Daogroupie

Re: Self isolating for main exam and then ill for 2nd sittin

Post by Daogroupie »

The school will provide back up dates.
QE provided two back up dates for those isolating and missing the first two days even though the second date of 7 students was the day before results.
They still managed to provide results the next day to the 7 amid almost 2900 others. DG
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Loreto in Trafford?

Trafford Council doesn't have the power to pass laws. Nor does Loreto.

If your child is well, they are legally fully entitled to turn up and sit the exam.

I'd say morally fully entitled to turn up and sit the exam also.

F to Trafford Councillors. If they don't like they laws they are free to write to their MPs like the rest of us.

I understand what Trafford Council are trying to achieve, but if it was my child (with no symptoms and the person dropping them and picking them is not required by law to isolate), they would be sitting the test on Monday.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

In response to Trafford having the third highest Covid rates across Greater Manchester with increasing cases in
5-15 year olds, children and young people aged between the ages of 5 and 16, should now be advised to stay at
home when a sibling or household member tests positive for COVID-19 (via either a PCR or Lateral Flow test).
On day 2/3 following the onset of symptoms in the household (or test date if the positive case had no symptoms),
the close contact child should get a PCR test. If this is negative, they can return to the setting, but should isolate
again immediately and get another test if they develop symptoms of COVID-19 at a later date. If they are of
secondary school age, following a negative PCR test they should take a daily LFD test prior to attending school for
10 days from the initial onset of symptoms in a household member.
Any parents or carers who still want their child to continue to attend school have the right to send their child into
the setting. In these situations, we strongly advise the precautions as described above should be taken but we
recognise that this cannot be enforced

^this is a copy of the letter you should have received. My emphasis.

The normal rules for isolation do still apply.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now