Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Applying to 2 counties
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:49 pm 

Hello I wonder if anyone has any experience of applying to 2 separate counties, we live on in south Worcestershire and are in catchment for Warwickshire but also close enough to consider Gloucestershire schools too. I just really wondered how this would work - I understand I apply through my LA for schools over the two counties but would my daughter have to sit two separate exams (I think both are CEM) or would they share results ? If she only has to sit one exam would you apply to sit it at your first choice (in terms of county?) I hope this isn’t a silly question I’m new to this and I just want to get my head around it - ive called the schools and our LA but they seem so vague I’m at a bit of a loss! Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:01 pm 

Have a look at the individual schools concerned but yes your DD would have to sit whatever exams they required - irrespective of county. Gloucestershire have one exam for their grammar schools but the Warks schools I am not so sure about. I am sure someone will be along soon to help - but Warks means definitely sitting different exams or a different exam to Gloucs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm 

Hi, we're in Malvern area and my child sat the Gloucestershire test last month. We also considered trying both areas but then realised we were all too lazy, and there are more places up for grabs in Gloucestershire. Warwickshire doesn't share results with Gloucestershire - unfortunately it would involve separate tests, aagh. Best of luck with your journey!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 am 

Thank you that is really helpful xx