Applying to 2 counties

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sarah2308

Applying to 2 counties

Post by Sarah2308 »

Hello I wonder if anyone has any experience of applying to 2 separate counties, we live on in south Worcestershire and are in catchment for Warwickshire but also close enough to consider Gloucestershire schools too. I just really wondered how this would work - I understand I apply through my LA for schools over the two counties but would my daughter have to sit two separate exams (I think both are CEM) or would they share results ? If she only has to sit one exam would you apply to sit it at your first choice (in terms of county?) I hope this isn’t a silly question I’m new to this and I just want to get my head around it - ive called the schools and our LA but they seem so vague I’m at a bit of a loss! Thank you in advance
mad?

Re: Applying to 2 counties

Post by mad? »

Have a look at the individual schools concerned but yes your DD would have to sit whatever exams they required - irrespective of county. Gloucestershire have one exam for their grammar schools but the Warks schools I am not so sure about. I am sure someone will be along soon to help - but Warks means definitely sitting different exams or a different exam to Gloucs.
mad?
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Hi, we're in Malvern area and my child sat the Gloucestershire test last month. We also considered trying both areas but then realised we were all too lazy, and there are more places up for grabs in Gloucestershire. Warwickshire doesn't share results with Gloucestershire - unfortunately it would involve separate tests, aagh. Best of luck with your journey!
Sarah2308

Post by Sarah2308 »

Thank you that is really helpful xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now