Catchment distance for Tunbridge wells grammar school girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
domybest

Catchment distance for Tunbridge wells grammar school girls

Post by domybest »

Hi,

My friend’s daughter will sit for 11+ test next year in 2022. They are looking to buy a house in Tunbridge Wells in next few months and are aiming for TWGGS and Tonbridge. Can you please let me know what the catchment distance has been in both of these schools in recent years?

Thank you!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Catchment distance for Tunbridge wells grammar school gi

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Your friend’s best information will be to contact the admissions officer at the school and also read the admissions criteria.

After looked after and pupil premium children plus siblings - the criteria prioritises some named parishes, then if there are spaces after that there is distance as a lower down criteria. The admissions officer should be able to say how many places have gone to distance candidates and how far that has gone in the past. TWGGS is not one I am aware of traditionally going out many miles, unlike Weald which goes from Tonbridge or it’s satellite in Sevenoaks to just inside London Boroughs.

They also need to consider that Kent is a fully grammar county and what options would their be if their daughter didn’t pass the test. A lot of Kent non-grammars that are good have a religious element and accompanying entrance criteria. Some locations don’t have good non-grammar provision.

Tonbridge has an ‘in parish’ criteria outlined in their admissions document. They go on score rather than distance within this criteria. They also have a number of out of county places and the score for these places is a lot higher, distance is only used as a tie-break.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now