11 Plus Mocks

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CuriousCat

Re: 11 Plus Mocks

Post by CuriousCat »

Thanks MARC1. The score guide shows great leap, I understand its totally worth it. Do we have any particular group for Kendrick Admissions 2023 (Exam in 2022)?
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

I think for Kendrick you would need to look in the forum under regions and then Berkshire if Kendrick is in Berkshire. Plus it'll have more appropriate discussions on schools in the area.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Just thought I'd chip in with my thought process of why I tried to book the mocks when I did. I tried to book a mock for the April and July prior to the September test. I wanted DD to have a relatively early indication of what she needed to do to get into her desired school, hence the April mock. Also wanted her to have a second opportunity to get used to the environment, but not so close to the test that a poor result would be disheartening.
Of course, as with others, Covid messed up my plan, but she did manage to have an in-person mock a couple of months before the (delayed) test.
I made it very clear that the mock was for experience alone, the results were not important. That said, we did go through the questions that she struggled with, just in case anything similar came up on the real thing. She was a bit nervous going into the mock, but relaxed on the day of the test.
Practice papers were much more helpful though for actually practicing exam technique and identifying areas of weakness.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now