Rochester or Fort pitt???

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tpk1

Post by tpk1 »

Can anyone offer me any adivce on these two grammar schools. My daughter has passed the 11+ with a 575 score. We have visited both schools and found them both briliant schools. Our problem is which to choose, i understand that schools do not see your order of choice, and on talking to the head teacher at Fort pitt was told that they do not take a selective approach when accepcting pupils, in fact she said we had allready done enough by taking and passing the 11+. The head at Rochester said that yes they do generally take the top 25% but could not give me a guideline to what a top 25% mark would be as the pass mark had raised this year. I suppose if Im honest I would rather RGS, but there seems to be some talk of unmanagble homework schedules and that there is not much comunication with parents. On the other hand I dont seem to be able to find out too much regarding Fort pitt. I would really appreciate ANY help advice as we only have until this friday to make the choice. : :? :
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

tpk1 are you aware of the Medway Forum, you would probably get more responses there.

We have, I think, almost definitely decided to send our DD to Rochester but I'm afraid I have not seen Fort Pitt so cannot comment. We think RGS is a great school and having spoken to the Headteacher on Tuesday this week we feel confident that if we were to place it 1st on our SCAF then we stand a very good chance!

Your DD's score was well over the cut off so I would have thought you would be o.k.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpk1

Post by tpk1 »

Thanks very much for your advice, I think what you said about the communication with teachers has put my mind at rest, just a whole new experience for both my dd and myself, as with most of us sending them off to senior school for the first time.
As for the homework issue i think that really is going to be what any grammar school is going to be the same and most rummors seem to be from mothers and children who dont actually attend the school!!
Just a shame the RGS open day is saturday after the form needs to be in. :roll: