New 11+ (I didn't understand the old one!)

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ConfusedMum

New 11+ (I didn't understand the old one!)

Post by ConfusedMum »

Please be patient with a new user -

My child is in year five and I have just filled in the form to register for the 11+ in Warwickshire.

I am told by the Education Dept. that the test has changed this year to the Durham University CEM paper. This means not a lot to me as I don't know what the old one was!

However, I am told that it would be useful to get my child to practice but then I am told in the next breath that there are no papers to test her with!

Can this be true? Can someone please help me?
Hopeful,
Deperate Mum
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi and welcome. Can't be of specific help but try posting on Warks. section of this forum. Also you may find previous posts on there useful.

Good luck!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Confused Mum

Welcome.

You may get a better response from the Warwickshire section of the forum [towards the bottom of the front page] or click on the following link. There are already a few threads on the subject.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=37

Patricia
ConfusedMum

Post by ConfusedMum »

Thanks for suggestions - only just beginning to grasp the size of this minefield!
Hopeful,
Deperate Mum
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Confusedmum - KenR knows a lot about this so pm him (hope you don't mind KenR?).

I believe its a similar test to Eton which is computer based and therefore there is no practise papers which I think is a good thing as it is to do with potential/IQ so a bright kid who isn't achieving at school due to disadvantaged circumstances have, at last, a fairer chance of getting into grammar school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now