11+ preparation

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hopepasses

11+ preparation

Post by hopepasses »

hi my child is getting 80 % and the exams are in 2 weeks time. Will she pass ?
sama1234

Re: 11+ preparation

Post by sama1234 »

hopepasses wrote:hi my child is getting 80 % and the exams are in 2 weeks time. Will she pass ?
ofcource she will i bet so my child goes to st.bernards prep school and she gets the sme marks as you all you need to do is have confidence in yourself.
ply

Post by ply »

sama1234 wrote:
hopepasses wrote:hi my child is getting 80 % and the exams are in 2 weeks time. Will she pass ?
ofcource she will i bet so my child goes to st.bernards prep school and she gets the sme marks as you all you need to do is have confidence in yourself.
if i were you i'd time her and try my absolute best give her questions in the car if your in the traffic jam or something make her work for about 1 and a half hours then you will see in 2 days her marks will be 100 %
alison

Post by alison »

ply wrote:
sama1234 wrote:
if i were you i'd time her and try my absolute best give her questions in the car if your in the traffic jam or something make her work for about 1 and a half hours then you will see in 2 days her marks will be 100 %
children make mistakes practice with her my child wants to go to kendrick she word f r an hour do a bit of vocabulary of steven curran books thats it have confindence
Melx

will my child pass

Post by Melx »

What area are you in and is she doing all verbal reasoning.

You have two weeks and she has 80% so it looks very likely but to make sure why not decide on a time that you can both spend together for one each day fro the next two weeks. Test her then look at what ones she is getting wrong and if a ceratain type then concentrate atleast for half an hour on those. If its time thing then practise will do the trick.

What practise papers are you using??

Melx
Supleia

Re: will my child pass

Post by Supleia »

Melx wrote:What area are you in and is she doing all verbal reasoning.

You have two weeks and she has 80% so it looks very likely but to make sure why not decide on a time that you can both spend together for one each day fro the next two weeks. Test her then look at what ones she is getting wrong and if a ceratain type then concentrate atleast for half an hour on those. If its time thing then practise will do the trick.

What practise papers are you using??My child studies 1 and a half hrs a day she focuses on verbal reasoning half an hr because thats her first exam and half an hr in non verbal and and 15 minutes in each subjects techniques. Play carefully with the childs tactics use them well. For example in verbal reasoning compound words if you ask your child what word will finish the word with then they should say smething like held for data they should say data base ok. Hope this helps you hopepasses and all the others.

Melx