GL Assessment clarification

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pinkwaterbottle

GL Assessment clarification

Post by Pinkwaterbottle »

Are there multiple levels of the GL Assessment? Can schools elect to use a harder or easier version?
Both QE (highly selective) and a "lightly selective" independent school that we are applying to both use GL and I am wondering if the papers are the same level of difficulty?

Are the GL practice papers available for purchase good indicators of the actual exam (one would assume/hope so!)?

Thank you!
rit

Re: GL Assessment clarification

Post by rit »

I don't think there are no such harder or easier version.

There are a lot of GL Assessment style papers all over the internet or on ebay.

Practice of those sample papers helps.
adi75

Post by adi75 »

Both QE (highly selective) and a "lightly selective" independent school that we are applying to both use GL and I am wondering if the papers are the same level of difficulty?
I would have thought they all have a similar level of difficulty but needs a lot of practice and speed.
Speed is the key.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

adi75 wrote:
I would have thought they all have a similar level of difficulty but needs a lot of practice and speed.
Speed is the key.
the thing is that the schools will not be looking for the same thing, speed is important but so is accuracy. A lightly selective independent will not want to put off children with a ghastly long paper that has to be done at high speed, and they may also be on the lookout for specific issues that may be important.
Maybe some just set half a paper?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now