% of 5+ GCSE's at A-C.

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dorset Parent

Post by Dorset Parent »

At last - someone from Bournemouth has responded! And someone else is concerned about the state of the secondary schools in the area. I still don't understand why the results are so low. Congratulations on your son getting into grammar and I'm glad it's working out for you. I hadn't thought about universities penalising students from grammar schools. At least your son is at a school where he can stay on at sixth form. Have you noticed that the secondary schools in Bmth do not have sixth forms? So unless you go to the grammar or the RC comprehensive, you have to apply for the few places in those school sixth forms that are available to outsiders, or most likely be directed to a sixth form college. Do other areas have this situation or is it just Bournemouth?
Bournemouth

Post by Bournemouth »

To be honest I didn't even think as far ahead as sixth form. I have no idea what happens at sixteen then. Most children further their studies these days don't they so they must go somewhere - college I guess. Maybe some parents save for five years and then send to private school for the two years in sixth form? If there are any.
Must get reading more with my daughter and hope she can get into the grammar in a couple of years. Not looking forward to going through it all again!