Bond assessments

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi Coolmum,

The school may ask for a school report but his end of term one wasn't good. It was good academically but it was his first term as a chorister at a new school and he was exhausted and had poor concentration, plus he is a live wire. The teachers have no sympathy for the choirs schedule and they were very unforgiving. It was only the Headmaster at the end who said that he had done very well considering his heavy schedule!
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

I'm sure the headmaster will write a good report as he has understood the pressures your DS has had in the term as he has commented on them.
I think they all generally write positive things as they do understand that the kids are young and have yet to mature. If your DS has done well academically in his first term it will count and be looked upon favourable I'm sure!!

I am stressing about what they will write about my DS as he is quite shy and isn't given to over enthusiasm when talking to strangers!! But I try and stay positive by thinking about all his acheivements (which is something they definetly put on the report) and how he gets on with his peers etc.

The things that our Headteacher was asked to comment on were things like:

extra curricular activities
charity work
general personality
work ethic
exam scores

and he seemed to be telling us that it was the extra curricular activities and the charity work were the things that they were the most interested in.

Not sure if this will be the same for you but there may be some overlap!

Hope that helps!

Coolmum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would count 7-8 as being year 3.

however what the NC covers in year 3 may or may not correspond to independents.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now