GS without catchment

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Hi 2010 mum, my daughter is in year 5 so she will be taking 11+ at the same time as yours.

Bexley has some super grammars but it really depends on distance criteria unless your dd scores highly and becomes one of the top 180 in the exam.

Bexley Grammar only manages to go out 3 miles. Chis and Sid 4.8 miles and Townley 7 miles. These distances are by lit road/pathway and not as the crow flies.
2010 mum

Post by 2010 mum »

Hi Tracy, thanks for your response. I have looked on the bexley websit, I think Chis & Sid is likely to be an option. I wonder if the distance covered by public transport is used as a consideration, i.e rail network,
Thanks... 2010mum
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

2010 mum, Welcome, you also have discovered the addictive nature of a parent seeking insight into how best to help ones children in the transfer from Junior to Secondary education! Good luck and keep the questions coming.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

2010 mum wrote:Hi Tracy, thanks for your response. I have looked on the bexley websit, I think Chis & Sid is likely to be an option. I wonder if the distance covered by public transport is used as a consideration, i.e rail network,

Hi - no, the ease of getting there by public transport is not taken into consideration. Based on distance the closest Bexley GS to us is actually the most difficult to get to (2 buses and a walk) and the furthest away is really easy on the train!

Newstead Woods in Orpington gives places based only on scores - VR and NVR papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now