Bexley Eleven Plus 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Firefly 09

Re: Bexley Eleven Plus 2018

Post by Firefly 09 »

Hello Everyone

Just registered on this forum after browsing it a few times....very helpful and reassuring

My youngest will sit the Bexley and Kent test in September and is doing okay with his preparation, despite being reluctant. His older sibling is at a grammar school so sorry that indirectlyhe feels under pressure even though we don't put that on him. Anyone else find this

Hoping to get some useful tips along the way.....best of luck everyone
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

It has been very quiet on this thread- where is everyone?

Our DC is still plugging on but I think we will all be happy when the exams are over.

How is prep going for everyone else?

Should we ramp up the prep or scale back?

Has any of the 11+ veterans got any last minute tips you can kindly share with us?

Getting stressed now. The exams seem so close now.
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

Need to concentrate on technic feedback I received is many ran out of time
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

Yes, unfortunately the time spent on each question in the Bexley test is important. Many don't finish the papers. Don't push your DC too much though or they will get exhausted and miserable. If they are generally getting answers correct then work on the speed. A little work often is best, with a reward at the end of the week for all their hard work. Stay calm and don't show your stress as they will pick up on that.
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Great. Thanks so much for the tips.
Firefly 09

Post by Firefly 09 »

Hoping all the children including my son come out of school feeling positive and pleased with their efforts in their 11+ today x
hanaF

Post by hanaF »

DS2 came out quite happy and chilled, hope that he did OK. Only 3 weeks to go for the outcomes!
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

My DS and friends came out of school ok too. :D He said their CD wasn't working so the teacher had to read from the script though. Hop that wasn't distracting for them! :shock:
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

PeppermintCreams. Might be a good idea to take down notes on what exactly went wrong during your son's Bexley test, whilst your son still remembers the details. If the CD wasn't working and there was a delay you should record this. Also, any other disturbances or distractions. Hopefully you won't need to use it, but some parents do appeal the results of the Bexley test, especially if just one or two points under and having notes taken at the time would be very useful and strengthen your case. Although they should check it all works before letting the children into the exam hall!

Post by 1971 »

Hi Peppermintcreams. Hopefully it wont be an issue, but my dd was 2 points under on Bexley test last year, and there was an issue in the hall, which the school agreed would have been a distraction to my dd. each school might vary more than they probably should, but my dd's school had extensive notes on the test with timings, which we were provided to go with the appeal. they had recorded every cough/sneeze/bus passing by and request from a child with times, so in theory they should have recorded time started, stopping, and then beginning with teacher etc. Like I say hopefully you wont need it and good luck to you and your ds