Questions I could be asked by an appeal panel - Townley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MartyMcFly

Re: Questions I could be asked by an appeal panel - Townley

Post by MartyMcFly »

Very sorry to hear your news 1971. It sounded like you had a very solid case!! Wishing you and your family well and hopefully a restful summer!
To add to the stats of this year for everyone...Chis & Sid had 22 Appeals this year none were successful.
Signing off
Marty

Post by 1971 »

Thanks Marty. Induction at Wilmington next Thurs, so I should really start to wean myself of this site now, as I only have the 1!
Blackheath77

Post by Blackheath77 »

Dear 1971
We have also been battling for a place at Townley for our daughter. We too had an unsuccessful appeal in June. After this hugely disappointing outcome though, my daughter has told us that she felt very interrupted during her exam by a child sitting near her who was very distressed and was crying loudly. I’m wondering if this is the same incident that you’ve described? Was it the exam on the afternoon of the 12th September held in the Hall at Townley itself?
Sorry to bother you about this. We were unable to include this in our appeal statement in June because we were unaware at that point that there had been noise disturbance. I feel v unhappy and frustrated about any noise disruption during the exam that day that could have affected the concentration of surrounding children.
Our daughter is quite reserved, she is always more prone to understatement than exaggeration, so we do believe that there might have been a problem that day.

Post by 1971 »

Hi Blackheath77.

Sorry for late reply. just got back from holiday. ours was in her own school as we were at a Bexley primary. if it makes you feel any better, whilst the panel were sympathetic, it didn't make any difference to the result. the letter re decision just repeated the various points discussed, and really doesn't give you a clue whether they agreed with any of our points, or none of them.

I hope your daughter is happy with the school she has been allocated, and looking forward to her new start. Best of luck.
Blackheath77

Post by Blackheath77 »

Thanks so much for your reply xx
Blackheath77

Post by Blackheath77 »

Our decision letter didn’t give us much clue of how our case was considered either!
Hope everything works out well for your family xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now