Newsteadwood and new policy of pupil premium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thickasabrick

Re: Newsteadwood and new policy of pupil premium

Post by thickasabrick »

Qusay02 wrote:Just to explain things:

N.B: just a question: pupils who they spend over 6h on daily basis at school; why primary schools couldn’t do anything for them to make them academically as good as other pupils? Is it because of their few hours they spend at home (assuming 8hour to sleep) or because schools failed to do something to them.
Most primaries do not teach the 11+ but the curriculum which is not just academic.

Although everybody claims they can select the top academic ability with those tests, I have my doubts. Teaching to the test does not give you a good education and it doesn't make you clever.

The more you prepare and practice for the specific test, the better you will achieve.
bluesea

Re: Newsteadwood and new policy of pupil premium

Post by bluesea »

As a former parent I was never given any information on what the pupil premium money was spent on.

But, I do believe more PP and SP pupils should be able to access grammar school education. I just want schools to prioritise them for the correct reasons not just because they are stretched financially and PP brings in more money. If it is true that PP pupils are more likely to have parents who are too pushed time-wise, financially or educationally to support their children at the grammar school then how will the school help to support them? What will be the immediate changes to the way the school supports new year 7 pupils? This school is full of wealthy middle class families. I was able to buy every single extra book and article needed for school, I was able to pay for all the trips and educational days out. I was able to pay the nearly £300 for initial school uniform and sports kit. Will the PP money received by the school be helping to pay for school uniform, etc, stuff that your child must have? Will it pay for school trips for these children? It should.