Practice paper recommendations for Bexley test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chismummy

Practice paper recommendations for Bexley test

Post by Chismummy »

Hi all.
I've been back over a few years of threads but can't find the answer.
Which past papers can you buy that are the most like the Bexley exam? And bonus points for Kent and Olave's too!
We've been doing Bond etc but I recently picked up the CGP CEM practice papers and they seem very different to the Bond books- esp the English. Are they similar to the exam?
Can anyone recommend a good source?
Thanks all!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Practice paper recommendations for Bexley test

Post by PettswoodFiona »

There is guidance for Bexley materials here: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - when DD sat the Bexley, Kent and Olaves tests I didn't really know there was much of a difference between GL (Kent) and CEM (Bexley) and it didn't seem to hold her back, it was more about the skills of being adaptable, knowing the types of questions that would come up and being flexible enough not to be flustered by something she hasn't come across before. I don't know if the Bond books you have are GL or now which may explain the difference??? I believe DD found the ten minute tests helpful but as I didn't sit the exam and DD did I can't really say if they were the same and the level of detail to answer that wasn't extracted at the time!

Bexley is often quite tight for time so do spend some time on technique too.
Chismummy

Post by Chismummy »

Thanks! Is the Bexley test all multiple choice as far as you know? I wasn't expecting comprehension to be MCQs.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I think the comprehension is more than just multiple choice, there are missing elements of sentences too which need the gap filling in, maths may sometimes also be about the answer rather than a multiple choice, but DD did all the tests six years ago now (about to stay on at Newstead Sixth Form) so it may well have changed and hopefully someone who has done it more recently will be able to reply.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now