change of address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Saai9

change of address

Post by Saai9 »

hai all
I already applied for newsteadwood selection test for 2021 with my current address. we are in the process od buying a house and the process is going on we will move before the exam. is it ok if I change the address later, because I have already given my current address in the form. but anyway we will move in July to the new house which is our permanent address which is also within 9 mile radius. will they accept change of address after the application deadline passes or how it works?
PettswoodFiona

Re: change of address

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I believe it is fairly simple if the original address and new address are both within the 9 mile limit. In my day they posted results so if you moved you wouldn’t get them, I don’t know if that has changed. So update both Newstead and your LA as to the change for transparency. A change of address for the LA may have an impact if it is after the cut off date for change of address for that LA. Some schools allocate on distance rather than like Newstead which is score and catchment.

Good luck with the move

P.s It is Newstead Wood (two words). DD has been there five years and had a great education and made friends who I think will be with her for life. So if you have any questions about the school - do ask.
Saai9

Post by Saai9 »

hi fiano

thanks for ur reply. we will definitely move in August before the exam so when she takes the exam we will b in new address. so if I update my address in September for Newstead and the council is it ok?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Update your address as soon as you move, is it July, August or September?
mad?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Saai9 wrote:hi fiano

thanks for ur reply. we will definitely move in August before the exam so when she takes the exam we will b in new address. so if I update my address in September for Newstead and the council is it ok?
For the LA if is Bromley or Bexley I think this will be OK as as per their booklet about moving onto secondary, the cut off date for moves is early December
- if it is a different LA check their guidance

For the school - get in touch and ask, the admissions officer is very helpful. Do report back here as it may be helpful to other parents

DYIR