Sat the 11+ in Bexley primary school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jreugi

Sat the 11+ in Bexley primary school?

Post by jreugi »

Hello to parents at Bexley primary schools.
Can you check with your children if they were allowed to go in with the pencil cases you gave them for the exams.
If not, were they provided with the correct pencil and a rubber?

Because a school in Bexley decided not to allow the children to go in with their pencil cases.
Then they were given different pencil from that specify by Bexley.

They were not allowed rubbers.

They had to put their hands up for the teachers to rub out the incorrect answers for them.

It seems that some of these schools might not be following the guidelines.

Please check with your child.
Chismummy

Re: Sat the 11+ in Bexley primary school?

Post by Chismummy »

I know of 2 different private schools in Bexley who sat on Monday and were allowed their own rubbers. Bromley state schools are sitting today and tomorrow so I will find out about that.
jreugi

Post by jreugi »

Chismummy wrote:I know of 2 different private schools in Bexley who sat on Monday and were allowed their own rubbers. Bromley state schools are sitting today and tomorrow so I will find out about that.
Great!
Thank you for that feedback.
benssson

Post by benssson »

My DS goes to Croftons in Bromley. Presumably because so many students were sitting the test (its a very large school - 6 forms per year) they did it at school. They were all allowed (expected?) to bring their own pencils and rubbers.
Alex456

Post by Alex456 »

My son sat the Bexley selection test in his Bexley state primary school on Monday. They weren't allowed to take in their own pencils or rubber to the hall for the test (which I had given to my son) however the school provided them. Every child got a brand new rubber to use in the test.
jreugi

Post by jreugi »

Thank you all for your replies.

Alex
Please check that they gave them the correct pencil as well. As ours were given 2B pencil which is darker and harder to rub out.