Bexley 2021 exam results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Re: Bexley 2021 exam results

Post by PettswoodFiona »

palemreddy1998 wrote:Hi, just received Bexley results in this morning, my son got 218, just 4 above pass 214, we live outside the catchment now, is there any chance that we get a place if we move to the catchment before 10th December?
Note there is no such thing as catchment for the Bexley schools, it is done purely on distance (other than top 180). What was beyond the distance cut off for 2021 entry could be within for 2022 (and vice-versa). Some Bexley Grammar schools have gone to 'all deemed selective' but not so much recently. So if you are just a short distance away from last cut off do bear that in mind. Moving closer will give you a better chance if done prior to the address change date but then you could move. Do check the criteria of each school and the Bexley admissions generally as to what qualifies as a permanent address, some short rentals are not permitted in some LAs for example.
Whitters

Post by Whitters »

Hi, I'm still waiting for the results email. Does anyone know if they are sent simultaneously of if they are sent out in chunks? I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out what the delay is? The school? The council?
TIA
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you checked your spam folder?
nikhilus2000

Post by nikhilus2000 »

Whitters wrote:Hi, I'm still waiting for the results email. Does anyone know if they are sent simultaneously of if they are sent out in chunks? I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out what the delay is? The school? The council?
TIA
I got the email around 10 this morning. Check the spam folder or contact them.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

Hello every one.

My niece scores 243 so not in top 180 and my cousin can move because she rents. She likes Townley the most because we have another niece just left and really liked it. Where should she move and before when so her daughter can have very high chance of getting offer? Thank you very much.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Qeb2019 wrote:Hello every one.

Where should she move and before when so her daughter can have very high chance of getting offer? Thank you very much.
As admissions is done on distance then move closer to the school, look at the last distance offered in the booklet previously referred to upthread and come in a mile or two and put that distance into the property search engines. It would need to be done by the last date for change of address as per both your cousin’s LA and possible Bexley too - for most LAs that is first week of December but each LA differs so they would need to check.

I would query if all that upheaval was necessary- is there not a good school nearby? Whilst Townley is good for most, I do know one girl who have left as it wasn’t a good fit for them. Your Cousin will also need to work out logistics for the last two terms of primary school.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Qeb2019 wrote:Hello every one.

Where should she move and before when so her daughter can have very high chance of getting offer? Thank you very much.
As admissions is done on distance then move closer to the school, look at the last distance offered in the booklet previously referred to upthread and come in a mile or two and put that distance into the property search engines. It would need to be done by the last date for change of address as per both your cousin’s LA and possible Bexley too - for most LAs that is first week of December but each LA differs so they would need to check.

I would query if all that upheaval was necessary- is there not a good school nearby? Whilst Townley is good for most, I do know one girl who have left as it wasn’t a good fit for them. Your Cousin will also need to work out logistics for the last two terms of primary school.
Thank you very much. She likes the school because another niece just left with all A* and happy and also her daughter took exam in Townley. Her daughter still waits for Woodford and Latymer results and the first choice is Latymer but she needs to consider all options as she will start searching to buy a house as well.
misssorcy

Post by misssorcy »

Chismummy wrote:
nikhilus2000 wrote:Bexley results are out. DS got 237. Not in the top 180 (244 and above). Does anyone know what the chances are for admission if you are not in the top 180 with that score for out of catchment?
Depends how far out of catchment you are. It’s either pass (score after this is irrelevant) and proximity to school or 180. How far are you from your nearest Bexley school?

Hi, my child got 239 - Bexley test and he passed St Olaves Stage 1. Obviously he's not in top 180 and we live in Orpington. We hope a good result for Kent but you never know.
Don't really know the chances for St Olave's Stage 2 either. We've been to open morning at Skinners School today and he seemed enjoying to me. To be honest we start to consider to move to Tonbridge area esp. for The Judd and The Skinners. ( we will be at Beths and Chis & Sid open mornings tomorrow and DGS and WGSB on Thursday with him )

Anyone has any ideas on moving to another council and the possible effects on his placement / admissions?
Also is it a big deal to make two changes at the same time like social environment and school changes esp. whilst they're becoming teenagers?

Also anyone has children attend to The Judd / The Skinners from Orpington?
Any comments or ideas are highly welcome.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Skinners' is great and definitely commutable from Orpington, but you won't get in unless it's a sibling place/ pupil premium/ looked after child. They changed the admissions system a few years ago. Judd is closer to Orpington and has out of county places based on score, not distance, but you need a very high score for those. So otherwise you would have to move closer by the date given by Kent for first round consideration.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Just anecdotal, but the friends of my sons who passed Olaves II were both top 180 on Bexley, whereas neither of my two or their other friends did/ were. I'm sure it's not 100 per cent though.