Beth’s grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sai9

Beth’s grammar

Post by Sai9 »

Hai

Does anyone of you know does anyone got places from waiting list for Beth’s grammar school. Asking for a friend whose son did not get Beth’s on offer day and are 6.8 miles away from school. Is it a possible change to get from waiting list for this distance.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Beth’s grammar

Post by PettswoodFiona »

That distance would have got a boy deemed selective a place in the last four years by start of academic year according to the Bexley admission to Secondary School booklet. The best thing your friend could do is email the admissions team at the school to get an update, they are very approachable.

Booklet here: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default ... 2-2023.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The distance could end up shorter this year if it was a high birth year, more were deemed selected, fewer go private etc, but it sounds like they are in with a good chance based on past distances.
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

It went out 6.068 Miles on 1 March 2022. I spoke to Bexley Council.
misssorcy

Post by misssorcy »

My son got the offer for Beths Grammar this year March 2022, and we're 6.2 miles distance to the school.
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

misssorcy wrote:My son got the offer for Beths Grammar this year March 2022, and we're 6.2 miles distance to the school.

That's interesting. The council said it went out slightly less than the 6.2 miles on 1 March.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MARC1 wrote:
misssorcy wrote:My son got the offer for Beths Grammar this year March 2022, and we're 6.2 miles distance to the school.

That's interesting. The council said it went out slightly less than the 6.2 miles on 1 March.
Unless the 6.2 miles and the 6.068 miles ate both according to the system used by the council, they could easily be the same thing.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
misssorcy

Post by misssorcy »

At least this is the distance I see on google maps tbh. I have a very close by neighbour like 3 mins away from me his son also attending school for 3 years now.
Coffeelover

Post by Coffeelover »

I think you may be conflating the distance. The distance is calculator on a straight line.

So you need a straight line map calculator to check.

Road distance will be a great value than straight line to the school.
Coffeelover

Post by Coffeelover »

Excuse my typo errors but you need to use a straight line map calculator to calculate the distance.

I hope that makes sense!
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Think you can do that on Google maps too
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now