Newstead Wood offer day 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Wood offer day 2022 entry

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The two late shuffles are usually
1) after the induction day which looking on the school calendar is on 5th July as they see who doesn't turn up
2) the very start of term in September.

I seem to remember my daughter's class list (in the days when they could publish that information, due to data protection they may not do that now) and at least one girl who was on the list as in her class didn't start at the beginning of term and she later heard that someone was offered a place a few days after the induction day as the school followed up the absence. It is such a shame when this happens as it means someone misses out on the induction, I gather it was a parent who was dithering between private and state and just didn't get round to telling the school they were not planning on taking up the place. If that does happen to your daughter do not fear, it doesn't stop them settling in and making friends.
Dhara123

Post by Dhara123 »

Thank you Fiona for your time and replying .
This whole process of waiting list is so annoying and know some parents simply keep hold of places unecessary.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

As school is now out I wonder if anyone has any updates especially @dhara123

Can't believe my daughter will be in her last year of the school when she goes back in September and will be applying to universities in the autumn - how time has flown!
Dhara123

Post by Dhara123 »

Hi,
Can't beleive either last day of Primary school.
I heard from NS on 7th July that my daughter is No 7 on wait list.
Not sure if it has moved after.
We are not expecting now, and have moved on with comprehensive school.If a place will come up will see.
God has surely plan for her that's what I beleive.
Thank you so much for help and inputs you have done Fiona
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Is there an update on the waiting list? Have they given out any new offers? If so, up to what score did they go?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mumsdarling2 wrote:Is there an update on the waiting list? Have they given out any new offers? If so, up to what score did they go?
If you scroll back a bit, you will see that Dhara123's DD has moved overall from position 30 on the waiting list initially to 7th a couple of days ago.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 92#p772292
Dhara123 wrote:Hello Everyone,

we are at No 9 now for Newstead wood whereas were No 30 on offer day.
Any past experience can share if offer is going to be feasible in the near future or wait until December.
my friend who was No 23 is now at No 2 on the waitlist.

Many Thanks
Dhara

That doesn't necessarily mean that 23 people turned down their place, though - it could be more, if each place that became available was accepted by the first person it was offered to and in the meantime she had moved down the waiting at least once as someone with a higher ranking joined it, or it could be exactly 23, or ot could be any number less than 23, if some / all places declined were in turn declined by at least the first person on the list offered them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Thank you!
Vontrepsi

Post by Vontrepsi »

Hi all - if anyone has a daughter going into 7W could they contact me please? Thanks
Dhara123

Post by Dhara123 »

Hello Everyone,
My daughter now stands at No 5 with score 220 for Newstead.Do we keep hopes by mid september or shall we just move on with the local school. Any past experience can share views please
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Dhara123 wrote:Hello Everyone,
My daughter now stands at No 5 with score 220 for Newstead.Do we keep hopes by mid september or shall we just move on with the local school. Any past experience can share views please
So close Dhara!

I haven't heard of 5 not turning up at the start of term, but it would just take less than 1 in each class not to show up and your daughter would get a place, or a few above you to decide they want to commit to their other option. I couldn't really say!

For us Newstead was our 'local' school as it was the nearest so if we hadn't got it it would have meant her going further so if your other option is nearer then that does have its advantages of nearby friendship groups, less travelling time etc.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now