Who is opening the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ah that is why every blue peter kit should have a roll of sticky tape in it - for Mum's mouth!!!!!!!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

lol :lol:

Anyone who's been/going through the 11+ process (and we'd moved house as well!) must appreciate how hard it is not to shout from the rooftops when your child gets the school they want!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I will not be sharing the news no matter how hard it will be with anyone than me and my husband before he opens.... tempting to tell if it's good news though i'm sure.

Those who have been there before to other mum's ask what scores he got so they can compare them to their own child's? I'm anticipating this is going to happen.... and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

bexmumof2, I wouldn't give out my child's scores as it can become competitive between the children - whilst I enjoy healthy competition I find this pointless. And its none of their business! :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

medwaymum wrote:bexmumof2, I wouldn't give out my child's scores as it can become competitive between the children - whilst I enjoy healthy competition I find this pointless. And its none of their business! :wink:
good idea - fortunately we are in an area where they don't routinely give them out (unless they are below the cutoff to give an idea as to whether appealing would stand a chance.) - they can be got if you write in, I opted not to. I think it must be very difficult where a figure is given and although they have "passed" then actual allocations are dependant on how high the figure is ... makes it tricky for people to avoid discussing.
Frankie

Who should open the results envelope?

Post by Frankie »

Picking up on the thread I think Bexley Mum2 mentioned re. last years results, I thought I'd copy in the comment referred to. Still not sure how accurate it is or indeed whether it would still apply this year but might be worth a look ......

'I did notice on my DD's results letter from Bexley a reference detailing an 'N' in it - She had missed by a couple of points and was therefore deemed as 'Non-selective'. My eldest DD, a few years earlier, was deemed 'Selective' and referring back to her letter the reference shown had an 'S' in it. From this I would suggest that perhaps just by looking at the reference on the letter, which is clearly visible through the unopened window envelope, we could all get an answer to how our DCs have actually done without opening it and therefore be a little pre-prepared if you do want them to then open it themselves!'

No doubt the coming month will drag by while you wait for the results but whoever opens that envelope - 'Good Luck'!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

hermanmunster wrote:
good idea - fortunately we are in an area where they don't routinely give them out (unless they are below the cutoff to give an idea as to whether appealing would stand a chance.) - they can be got if you write in.
Herman, last year they quoted the score on the letter (they told us the qualifying mark, as well as the actual score dd got - had to write in and ask for the raw scores though), perhaps they've changed it since your dc sat the test (assuming your talking of the same area still)??
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Must remember to buy window envelopes, or some glue stick to reseal!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
good idea - fortunately we are in an area where they don't routinely give them out (unless they are below the cutoff to give an idea as to whether appealing would stand a chance.) - they can be got if you write in.
Herman, last year they quoted the score on the letter (they told us the qualifying mark, as well as the actual score dd got - had to write in and ask for the raw scores though), perhaps they've changed it since your dc sat the test (assuming your talking of the same area still)??
Ah that would explain why I heard someone quoting a score - on the results day - at the music centre, ye has definitely changed in the last couple of years!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

So the score is on the letters for Bexley I didn't realise this. Hoping they come in time with the problems with postal strikes etc.