Getting the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I agree if it was longer you could switch off, still I'm glad we don't have to wait months!!

The Bexley website now says that if you haven't received your letter by Friday Am you can pick up a copy from civic offices in the afternoon! They are preparing for the fact that the post may be disrupted, can you imagine the queues of parents that will be there in this case??
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

What Hillview? There's no room there at the best of times!
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Not Hillview, The contact centre at the Civic offices.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Not Hill View, the Civic Offices (opposite the cinema).

Thanks for pointing that out Greenwich Mum - really useful to know. When I spoke to Hill View on Monday they were adamant that there wouldn't be a problem with the post as only post going through London is currently subject to delays (apparently). The threatened post strike couldn't be underway by Thursday as the unions have to give a minimum of one week's notice.

However, given the fact that we have such a short space of time between getting results and submitting the CAF, I am delighted that Bexley have seen fit to put a back up plan in place. I have known parents in previous years who haven't received their letter on time and who have been left 'hanging' for days. I really don't know why though, instead of directing people to the Civic Offices, they can't just authorise HTs to give parents their child's score.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

You can tell how much I'm stressing, looking at the website every couple of days!!

I don't think the head teacher would know if we are in another borough would she?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Oh, I don't know I'm afraid. However, we are in Bexley and DS2 did Bexley and Kent tests two years ago. We got a letter from Bexley to say he'd passed and what his scores were; we also got a letter from Kent to say he'd passed and we had to get scores from our primary school. I rang up our primary HT the same day and she had his Kent scores.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

No problem, at least we know that we can get the results even if it means queueing up at the civic offices!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I hope it doesn't come to that!!!!
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

There is now a postal strike on Wednesday so it looks like I might be going to queue up at civic offices after all!! What a nightmare!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Is that definite? A local strike or national?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now