Getting the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SSM

Post by SSM »

Bexley Mum 2,
If I was you, I would check with the school tomorrow to confirm that they are happy to give you the results. At least then you give yourself a couple of days to persuade the school that they are allowed to do it or for the school to check with the LEA.

You don't want to turn up on Friday and the school to say, sorry as far as we are aware we are not allowed to give you the results.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I don't know about you, but I find something REALLY irritating in the schools learning first - in our case the schools round here are not "supportive" of grammars, pretending they don't exist somehow, yet they are the ones to get the info first.
Good luck with the results all. (Pity us lot still three weeks from The Test and then the horrid wait!)
virtualmomma

Post by virtualmomma »

SSM wrote:Bexley Mum 2,
If I was you, I would check with the school tomorrow to confirm that they are happy to give you the results. At least then you give yourself a couple of days to persuade the school that they are allowed to do it or for the school to check with the LEA.

You don't want to turn up on Friday and the school to say, sorry as far as we are aware we are not allowed to give you the results.
Well that's the response I got when I picked up Dd from school today, past experience tells me we're more then likely to be affected by the strikes with our SE postcode :( .

Dd's HT hasn't even received the results yet but according to Bexley, the results were posted out on Monday by first class along with a letter authorising HT's to give out the results in the event of anyone not receiving them by Friday, some schools have received this letter already hence the reason why some parents' have already been told about this arrangement. Bexley reckon all schools should have received the results by tomorrow BUT they were also quick to point out that whether your HT decides to release the results on Friday will be at their own discretion....oooooooh!
~I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.~
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I spoke to admissions who confirmed also it was at the Head Teachers discretion but that they could only give results out from Friday.

I spoke to the acting head who said they had not received the results or the confirmation that they could give them out and that when she had tried to call the LEA that all they got was an answer machine. She did say however that she would only give the results out at the end of a school day, so i'd be better off standing in line with the other 1000's of mums on Friday at the Civic Centre.
virtualmomma

Post by virtualmomma »

Maybe you can set up camp Thursday night to secure yourself first place in the queue :lol:
~I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.~
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Well, seeing as you have mentioned it, I did buy a new tent and sleeping bag last week but wasn't intending on using them so soon :lol:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Isn't this ridiculous? The woman I spoke to at Bexley Admissions said I could ring the school up on Thursday afternoon if the letter didn't turn up in the post. I was so taken aback I double-checked to make sure she'd heard me.

SSM - I did email our HT this morning to say what Hill View had said and to warn that I or other parents might be ringing up to get results. Not had a response yet!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Email your HT... wow i'm impressed, hope you get a response.
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

Have a look at Royal Mail update: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... =102200780

It's going to be fine, I think.

"Wednesday 14th October

Collections in all districts of London will be limited, with the exception of those in the W5, 7 & 13 postcode areas.
Collections in all parts of the South East & Anglia regions will be made as normal.

Deliveries in all postal districts of London will be limited, with the exception of those in some parts of the SW district.

In the SW district, deliveries will be made as normal with the exception of those in: Victoria (SW1) Brixton (SW2), Chelsea (SW3), Clapham (SW4), S’th Lambeth (SW8), Balham (SW12), Putney (SW15) & Tooting (SW17). In these areas deliveries will be limited.

Thursday 15th October

Collections will be made in all areas as normal. Deliveries will be made in all areas as normal, although times are likely to vary in the above SW London areas.

Friday 16th to Monday 19th October

Collections will be made in all areas as normal. Deliveries will be made in all areas as normal."
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Spoke to the school secretary she confrims that the HT has recieved "the envelope!". HT is on training today so they will let me know tommorrow whether results can be given out depending what the letter from Bexley council says!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now