Getting the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Just a thought....

If schools can release them on Friday, someone must be very confident that they will have the info to hand.

Might it be that the Heads already know the Bexley results as well as the Kent results? :wink: :shock: 8) :lol: :( :roll: :D
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Overlyoptimistic - I've sent you a pm.
toy

Post by toy »

Here is the reply I got from bexley, seems they have no alternative measures to get the result to us on thursday. As my son's school does not support 11plus, this is really agonising.....

Arrangements can be made after the 16th October to collect your child's selection tests results by contacting the Contact Centre on 020 8303 7777 and using option 6 for Admission Grants & Awards.

Letters will only be given to the legal parent or guardian if they provide photographic I.D. and a council tax bill. Collection is only from the Civic Offices in Bexleyheath between the hours of 9.00 to 5.00. I have also included a link below giving directions and routes.
OverlyOptimistic

Post by OverlyOptimistic »

Bexley Mum 2 - I've replied to your PM.
toy

Post by toy »

Seems Bexley areas will be unaffected by the strike afterall...

Please check the link below for the affected postcodes.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... =102200780
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

"The results of the tests will be sent out by first class post on Wednesday 14 October and should arrive on Thursday 15 October. If you have not received your letter by the morning of 16 October, you can collect a copy of the letter in person from the Contact Centre at the Civic Offices in Bexleyheath. Identification will be needed to collect the letter.

Copy letters will not be available before the afternoon of 16 October. Test results will not be available online, by email or by telephone."

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4297
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

It's not clear to me from the link that Bexley will not be affected tomorrow?

Anyway, I've just spoken to Hill View who repeated the stuff about going to the Civic Offices. When I asked if it wouldn't just be possible to get results direct from your child's HT, as many parents would find it difficult to get to the Civic Offices during the day, I was told, "oh, yes you can do that" :shock: Pushing my luck, I thought, I asked if, in that case, would it be possible to get the results from your child's HT on Thursday afternoon if the letter doesn't turn up in the morning's post. "Oh yes, you can do that too" came the reply.

This sounds too good to be true! I wonder why they don't say that on their website?
toy

Post by toy »

Bexley Mum 2, you need to check the column titled "areas affected" .
Hope that helps.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Ah, I assumed that Bexley was a London district rather than part of the South East, but I guess it's a Dartford post code so hopefully things will be OK. Thanks for pointing that out. When I spoke to Admissions they didn't seem to have been told anything definite unlike the NHS people, so fingers crossed!
Sunwell

Post by Sunwell »

During one of the meeting sessions recently at my DS school, they told that in case you dont get the results by Thursday, you can call school on Friday to get them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now