Getting the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I work for the NHS in Bexley and we received an email today saying that the Royal mail had informed the organisation that there is a strike on Wednesday and therefore no post will be collected. I can only assume that this will also affect Bexley Council.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't bear it!!!!!!!!! It does indeed say on the Royal Mail website that postal collections will be limited across SE London on Wednesday. I'll be interested to see how the Civic Offices cope with several hundred parents queueing outside on Friday :(

I really don't understand why, in circumstances like this, parents can't ring up primaries and get the results from their HTs. I know this might not help you Greenwich Mum but it might make the queue a bit shorter on Friday afternoon!
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I agree it would make the line shorter... Also , if the council have also had the same notification you would hope that they would have the sense to post the letters tommorrow instead, I'll bet that they are all ready to post out anyway! However, I doubt that they will have been that forward thinking...

I agree it's unbearable that this has happened on the very day that these results are due to go out. I will check the bexley website tommorrow to see if there is any other notification, if not I will definitely have to go on Friday because we do not get post until after 2 pm and I don't want to leave it till then to go and queue up!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

What's the chances that next year's results come out by email?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I'm assuming that by afternoon they mean from noon onwards. Our post comes around then so I won't know whether to hang around and wait for that or get down to the Civic Offices early!

It occurred to me as well that they could surely just post letters tomorrow. I can't believe they'll still be running around stuffing envelopes until 5pm tomorrow ready for them to be posted on Wednesday. It's not just a question of a delay in putting us out of our misery, we have a few days to do some serious decision making, which might not be straightforward depending on the results.

I'll try and ring Admissions tomorrow to see if they've anything helpful to say. Otherwise, Greenwich mum and Tracy, might see you in the queue - I'll wear a pink carnation and will probably be mumbling to myself....
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I won't have time to phone tommorrow so if you find anything out please post it on here.
virtualmomma

Post by virtualmomma »

Bexley Mum 2 wrote:Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't bear it!!!!!!!!! It does indeed say on the Royal Mail website that postal collections will be limited across SE London on Wednesday. I'll be interested to see how the Civic Offices cope with several hundred parents queueing outside on Friday :(
I really don't understand why, in circumstances like this, parents can't ring up primaries and get the results from their HTs. I know this might not help you Greenwich Mum but it might make the queue a bit shorter on Friday afternoon!
What happens if you can't pick them up on Friday? I don't like the idea of having this whole process drawn out any further or wasting my time viewing a school that my Dd has no chance of attending, it would really make more sense just to post the results out early or authorise the schools to give them out.
~I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.~
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I agree there must be a better way of doing this! Lets hope the council come up with something tommorrow[/code]
OverlyOptimistic

Post by OverlyOptimistic »

Our DS brought home a letter from his school yesterday which says that his school is authorised to release his result on Friday. The letter does not specify any particular time of day so it seems that we can have his results first thing on Friday and also avoid the queues at the Bexley offices.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Common sense at last!