Roman Catholic Primary Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
willowsticks

Roman Catholic Primary Schools

Post by willowsticks »

My DS goes to a RC school; therefore I do not think they will be taking their books, because RC schools do not encourage the 11+ exam.

Does anyone know if this means that the HT will not appeal on our behalf if there is a case??
toy

Post by toy »

My son attends a RC pry school as well and we've had no support whatsoever, not even the general information. I doubt if they'll be assisting with any appeal. I'll be calling KCC on the 20th for the scores, I don't expect any support from them. Nevertheless, I'll not swap this pry school for another, they're spot on, all-round! Shame they're not in favour of 11plus.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I often do supply for a catholic primary school , I haven;t come across the negative attitude to the Kent test that other posters have. "my" school encourages all pupils, selective or not.
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

My son does not attend a RC prim. school but I have friends that children do and their schools have been very unsupportive with the 11 plus.

This whole process is stressful enough and whatever help and advice you can get is welcomed and i'm so grateful for this forum as I'm sure I would have totally clueless rather than the half clueless that I am now.

Good luck.
FRENCH CONNECTION

11+ failings

Post by FRENCH CONNECTION »

Well our boy just failed the 11+ and we were quite surprised!

He has got level 5s all round and is in Gifted and Talented for Science in Bexley and attends Canterbury University for Gifted and Talented South East for maths. He gets an extra teacher for maths as the level in year 5 was too simple.

He was not tutored as we believe that the exam should be based on ability and not on tutoring. That may seem foolish but we are confirdent he'll suceed wherever he goes. Anyone who believes their child has talent but didn't pass the 11+ should feel the same.

We feel this whole process is a sham and needs a complete overhaul. Children that are taken out of class to extra help as they struggle have passed the exam. How on earth will they cope with grammar school?

We could have afforded tuition if we wanted to, but we feel sorry for the talented children in families on low incomes who miss out to less able children who have families with a decent income who get their children tutored. Surely these tests should be based purely on the national curriculum and therefore a level playing field for all? No advance warning of the type of exam and a changed format each year!

Does anyone else feel the same??
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now