Please can anyone explain the results, scoring & allocat

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

littlemissfavored

Please can anyone explain the results, scoring & allocat

Post by littlemissfavored »

Please can anyone explain how the Bexley test is scored.

What is the pass Mark for this year? and the cut off mark for the top 180 scorers?

I think it was about 217 for last year, but how do they arrive at that as there are only 2 papers with 50 or 75 Questions?

Also how do the schools select, I am out of borough...

I am also wondering for Kent but will put on Kent board.

Thanks in Advance!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

littlemissfavoured - pass mark 219 this year (out of 280). Top 180 scorers achieved 251 or more.

Actual scores are standardised so that children's scores are compared with those born within the same month (don't ask me to explain!) to give a final 'result' out of 140 for each paper.

After children in care, medical needs, top 180 scorers and siblings, places are allocated on distance, regardless of whether or not you are out of borough. Bexley school admissions website will give you an indication of how far out from each school places have been allocated in previous years.
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Does this mean a September child cannot get full marks? Neither of mine are September born or likely to get full marks but I just wondered.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

a September born child can get full marks
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

After children in care, medical needs, top 180 scorers and siblings, places are allocated on distance, regardless of whether or not you are out of borough.
The allocation of places has followed the above criteria for recent years but, until published for this year's cohort, it cannot be relied upon to be accurate for 2011 entry onwards.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now