Open Days - where have all the children gone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tracy

Open Days - where have all the children gone?

Post by Tracy »

Anyone else noticed the lack of kids in the classrooms?
I have seen a lot of neat and tidy empty classrooms and a lot of 6th formers.
Very occasionally I have come across an 'ordinary' class and everyone is paying attention and smiling sweetly.
No bad behaviour anywhere, no crushing in manic corridors, no litter.
What's going on? Have the kids all been given the day off?
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Exactly what I thought at St. Columba's today. Where have you visited Tracy?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Harris - some empty classrooms.
Blackfen - lots of space and many empty classrooms.
HACA - well that one's going to be empty as it's not built yet :lol:
Beaverwood - like a ghost town!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I'm miffed why they do that, do they actually think we are stupid enough not to notice. I'm cross that when I asked a teacher where the students were I was told, everyone was in school... which was a total fib unless they were hiding in the cupboards... another parent on the tour said her neighbours children go to St. C. and they weren't going in till 11.00am!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Never really though of this before ... have been to indies where lots of the kids were "playing sport" "on a trip (don't ask)" etc etc ......mmmmm :?
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

They must either expect to be embarrassed by the pupils or by their own failings or both.
I've worked for companies who when expecting a visit clean obsessively for a week and then start a process or even rework something just before their visitors arrive,so that everything is perfect and nothing can go wrong. It happens everywhere and leads to the rumour that the Queen thinks everything smells of fresh paint!
In the end it comes down to a lack of belief in their methods and a lack of trust from the top down. Often those at the sharp end would be quite happy to present a "warts and all" picture only to be prevented from doing so by those in "higher management".
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Maybe they think visiting parents will want to be able to talk to teachers. They wouldn't be able to do this if all the teachers were actually teaching ....
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

I've been informed that Majority of Erith children are off from school tomorrow so they can prepare for the open evening tomorrow..... this is quite funny.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Well they weren't at BH yesterday or Welling today. Our 6th form guide looked a tad uncomfortable when I asked her where the kids were.

Mind you, I thought I saw a man in a long flowing gown playing a tune on a musical instrument, dancing through the streets of Bexleyheath! :lol:
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Went to Bexleyheath, was certainly a almost or full school there. And I actually preferred it to Cleeve Park and Welling which was surprised me as I thought it was the school I would dislike the most.